Sunday, October 22, 2006

Pet Shop Boys

Went to the Pet Shop Boys concert last Thursday with a friend. I thought I should catch them before they get too old to tour. Boy, was I in for an interesting show!

It was very flamboyant. Very. I now know how to say "How are you doing?" to a Pet Shop Boys fan, - "Are you fabulous?". There were pink spot lights, and backup singers that doubled as backup dancers! And of all the concerts that I've ever been to, this was the first that had an intermission. I guess the boys had to retouch their makeup.

The audience was having a really good time throughout. After the intermission I had a gay couple that were all over each other and little over me. It was that crowded. And smoking second hand pot just added to the whole experience.

All in all, it was a night I can't easily forget. Loved their classic hits "It's a Sin" and "Go West". Not really familiar with their other hits or their newer releases, but I enjoyed what I went to see the concert for.

1 comment:

ZenDenizen said...

Wow! When I saw them at the Hammerstein Ballroom in NYC in 2002, it was a pretty subdued, acoustic affair...