Monday, October 23, 2006

Being good

"So you're treating her for African sleeping sickness... because you don't think it's possible for someone to be faithful in a relationship?"
"And you do?"
"Yes."
"And you need to tell me that."
"Look. I am not having an affair. I had lunch with someone I work with - at work. Once."
"I believe you. What I don't believe is it'll be just once."
"I love my wife."
"You certainly love saying it... I'm sorry. I know you love your wife. You loved all your wives. Probably still do. In fact, you probably love all the women you loved who weren't your wife."
"You can be a real jerk sometimes, you know that?"
"Yeah. And you're the good guy."
"At least I try. As long as you're trying to be good, you can do whatever you want."
"And as long as you're not trying, you can say whatever you want."
"So, between us, we can do anything. We can rule the world."

(from a TV show)

No comments: