Thursday, January 20, 2005

(tv) ER's "Secrets and Lies"


ER Posted by Hello

(NBC's) ER: Season 8
Episode: Secrets and Lies
Wednesday, December 19, 2005
TNT (Ch 35)

This was a good episode of ER that was casual without the usual medical drama. I know it's unfair to expect more from a medical drama series. But I welcome episodes that are few and that take place outside the ER. This was one relaxed episode, with nice character revelations. Of course, it was too obviously based on The Breakfast Club and so no points for originality there. But they didn't make it too bad either. I enjoyed it inspite of it.

The best lines from the episode were from Dr. Luka Kovac, explaining a play's meaning, when Dr. Susan Lewis says she didn't understand it - "It's about the futility of life - human enterprise. You know we're all waiting. For what? Fulfillment? Love? Validation? Approval? It's a waste of time. Life is an empty, hollow exercise filled with pain, loss and grief, and the only thing we can expect to achieve in our lives is our own inevitable death." I know I want to see this play, probably a dark comedy, Waiting for Godot.

I found a fanlisting for this episode.

No comments: