Monday, July 10, 2006

Rules

I keep coming up with these rules that either I think suit my life or just sound right to me. Have had a problem subscribing to them so far. But after a major breakup today, I came up with a few more and I feel the need to write them, publish them and start sticking to them. Note to self: Ask a doctor if this is how compulsive people deal with breakups - by making lists.

Chaitan's Rules For Self-Preservation:
  • Don't wait. It's never going to happen on its own.
  • Don't stop. Progress is usually slow.
  • Don't think. It's never going to resolve anything to your satisfaction. Possibilities will always remain limitless.
  • Don't hope. Stick to the law of averages. If it is unlikely to happen, don't root for it. (Actually based on a self-help book that I read recently.)
  • Don't compromise. It only undermines its value.
  • Don't care. Guilt trip is a vicious cycle.
  • Don't rehearse. Why bother waste time? The element of surprise is always going to ruin it.

No comments: