Monday, February 20, 2006

What have you done for me lately?

Would it be selfish if I asked you?
What have you done for me lately?

When was the last time you reached out to me?
When was the last time you caught me by surprise?
What did I get in return the last time I gave you something special?
What was your response when I did something to prove myself to you?
When was the last time you appreciated me?
When was the last time you admitted something to me?
How did you treat me when I was in a vulnerable position with you?
How did you answer when I asked something from you?
When was the last time you thought of me?
When was the last time you thought of telling me so?
How much thought does it take to please me?
How much effort do you put in to make me smile?
When was the last time you leaned on me?
When was the last time you asked me for advice?
How do you know you are still on my good side?
How do you know you haven't taken me for granted?
When was the last time you treated me with good regard and deep respect?
When was the last time you treated me as an equal?
How hard is it to admit that you are truly sorry?
How hard is it to share something important with me?
When was the last time you asked me if I had a good day?
When was the last time you asked me if I was happy?
I don't want to know, I really don't want to know.
I don't even want to know when it was,
the last time I asked you any of these questions.
When was the last time you wondered why?

No comments: